Windsor CT – Accountant
Posted on: April 2, 2019 – 4:51pm
The Town of Windsor and its employees strive to create an exceptional quality of life that engages citizens, provides commercial and leisure amenities, promotes business and employment opportunities and provides unsurpassed value to taxpayers.
The Accountant position in the Finance Department has recently become available. In this role, you will report to the Assistant Finance Director who reports to the Finance Director. You will work in a team environment that includes the finance department staff including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions, and town-wide divisional teams. The starting salary range is $56,368 to $76,096 depending on qualifications and experience. Town employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, short and long term disability and a defined contribution retirement plan.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled accountant who wants to get the job done, takes pride in their work, and wants to learn something new each day. The successful candidate wants to work with a group of dynamic people who strive to be successful and innovative. To succeed in this role this person will enjoy contributing to a fun, professional working environment. The right candidate will take ownership of this role and will be passionate about teamwork and creating a pleasant culture for our internal as well as our external customers. We are seeking a detail oriented and collaborative individual to conduct a variety of accounting duties with competence, creativity and professionalism. If this sounds like you, let us know. We cannot wait to meet you!
Your typical work activities will include:
- Preparing various financial statements, schedules and information for the annual audit report and budget
- Reconciling Board of Education expenditures
- Preparing journal entries and tracking and analyzing financial data throughout the year
- Preparing or assisting with other reports, projects or assignments as needed
- Meeting deadlines and juggling workload in a fast paced environment
- Working with a variety of town staff with assistance in all things financial
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, organize and present financial data, results and projections clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Experience working with accounting software and financial management systems (Munis preferred), experience and skill with MS Office applications, strong Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- At least two years’ experience of progressively responsible professional accounting experience (governmental preferred) performing duties similar to the work activities indicated on this job posting
To apply: Please visithttps://townofwindsorct.com/human-resources/employment-application/ and attach a cover letter and resume by Friday, April 19, 2019 at 5:00PM. The Town of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the workforce. EOE/AA