Finance Director – Portsmouth, RI
Posted on: May 10 2022 – 9:05am
TOWN OF PORTSMOUTH, RI Announces JOB OPPORTUNITY For FINANCE DIRECTOR
EXCELLENT SALARY PLUS BENEFITS
This is an administrative and managerial position in the Finance Office. The Finance Director is responsible for driving all activities related to accounting, financial and reporting within the Finance Department. This includes but is not limited to: Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding public finance; Administering and coordinating Pension Trust accounts and plan management activities; Managing, monitoring and communicating financial and budgetary development and performance in close collaboration with the Town Administrator, Department Heads, and the Town Council; Developing and administering financial policies and procedures; Overseeing Insurance and Risk Management; Administering the Town bid process and performing the duties of the Town Purchasing Agent. Responsible for processing as well as management and coordination of information management services for the Finance Department.
All applicants PREFERRED TO HAVE:
- Have a CPA license and a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business-related discipline.
- Have prior Municipal experience as an auditor, controller or senior financial manager.
- Demonstrate technical accounting knowledge, including working knowledge of GASB standards.
- Have prior experience utilizing integrated PC-based financial accounting systems, with a proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Have strong general management experience, including familiarity with risk management.
- Have strong leadership and decision-making skills, including a successful record of accomplishment with developing successful solutions to issues.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent customer service skills.
Town applications are required (resume may be attached) and are on the Town’s website at www.portsmouthri.com. Completed applications may be submitted in person or emailed to email@example.com. Applications will continue to be accepted until the vacancy is filled.
The employment policies and practices of the Town of Portsmouth are to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected status or disabilities that do not interfere with job performance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Lisa E. Puglia
Human Resources Director