Bangor School Department
Director of Business Services – Central Office
- Experience as a school business manager and/or CPA certification preferred.
- Receives and acts on budget recommendations and requisitions; assists the Superintendent in the preparation of the proposed fiscal year budget; computes the costs that make up the budget; prepares the budget document; provides budget control for monitoring expenditures and receipts.
- Uses knowledge of the Maine School Funding Law and school finance in the preparation and administration of the school budget.
- Provides fiscal control for grant funds received from government, state and federal sources.
- Directs and facilitates the purchasing process.
- Directs and facilitates the contracted services secured by the School Department, such as bus transportation, architectural and engineering services, and repair or construction contracts.
- Establishes and supervises the accounting system and maintains the internal auditing system.
- Supervises the Business Office clerical staff.
- Monitors unemployment and workers’ compensation/appeal process.
- Reviews mileage and expense claims for all employees.
- Participates in long range planning on items of system wide significance such as utilization of buildings, redistricting, and overall budget planning.
Please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/bangorschools/onlineapp/