Assistant Finance Director – Keene, NH
Posted on: August 6, 2021 – 1:28pm
The City of Keene is seeking an experienced and proactive financial professional to join our Finance team! The individual hired for this role will work closely with the City’s Finance Director to manage the financial affairs of the City, including supervision of the day-to-day financial operations: payroll, payables, receivables, fixed assets, trust accounting and grant management.
- Assist with managing and motivating a diverse team of experienced professionals in a cooperative, fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Work in conjunction with the Finance Director and other personnel to prepare and monitor annual operating budgets and capital program.
- Evaluate systems, practices and policies, creating opportunities for continuous improvement and process efficiencies.
- Serve as primary financial advisor to assigned departments or funds, assisting with business problems and organizational challenges, making recommendations to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Prepare and present financial data for use in managerial decision-making, financial reports, federal and state reports.
- Assist in setting City property tax rates.
- Manage and coordinate annual independent audit including reports, records and activities.
- Develop and implement training programs for other departments in the use of financial and budgetary systems and effective financial operating and management practices.
- In the absence of the Finance Director, oversee the activities of Revenue Collection, Purchasing and Human Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 5-7 years related public sector fiscal management or accounting experience, including 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA desirable.
- Knowledge of principles of accounting and auditing as determined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal finance administration, including budgeting, payroll processing and associated regulatory requirements, accounts payable, personnel/position management, and overall financial systems and procedures.
- Strong financial analytics skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to drive conflict resolution and change management.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others as part of a team to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Please see job description for a full list of duties and qualifications.
Salary and Benefits include:
- This position offers a salary of $92,050- $114,711 annualized, plus a comprehensive benefits program, including health, dental and life insurances, an Employee Assistance Plan, paid time off, retirement plans, and more!
- An environment where you can grow, be challenged, and learn from interesting and talented colleagues!
- The opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Apply today! Please upload your resume and a cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and will continue to be accepted until an adequate pool of candidates is received. For a full job description and to apply visit: https://ci.keene.nh.us/jobs.
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.