Assessing Technician – City of Keene, NH
Posted on: April 7 2022 – 4:05pm
The City of Keene is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our Assessing Department team as an Assessing Technician! If you have excellent customer service skills, enjoy working with the public and keeping busy with a variety of tasks, then this is the job for you! We highly encourage you to apply, even if you are not familiar with all aspects of this position, because the City is also happy to provide job-specific training to the right candidate!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will be the primary point of contact for property owners, realtors, appraisers, other members of the public and City employees who have property assessment and taxation inquiries!
- This position performs a variety of tasks in order to maintain an accurate and up to date assessing database and property mapping system in order to assist with ensuring the fair and equitable taxation of property in the City!
- Work closely with applicants applying for exemptions and credits, while having the knowledge and understanding to bring recommendations for final review to the City Assessor!
- Process sales transactions into CAMA system while taking appropriate steps to track needed changes or recommendations for review.
- Associate’s Degree, or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Working knowledge of NH Tax Law, current use law, timber tax, tax abatement procedures and exemption, and credit and deferral programs.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as property descriptions, deeds, surveys, city ordinances and resolutions, and state statutes, as well as review, understand and calculate personal income and asset amounts for exemption applications.
Salary and Benefits include:
- This position offers a salary range of $47,445- $59,124 annualized.
Are you used to spending a considerable amount of money on insurance? YOU WON’T HERE! The City of Keene offers low-deductible/low-cost health insurance, low-cost dental insurance and other benefits such as life, disability, defined benefit retirement, paid time off including vacation days, personal days and sick days and more!
Come to Keene and settle in! Our community leads based on its values including environmental sustainability, health, wellness, and locally-sourced food and products. We are the hub of environment, business, industry, culture, higher education and recreation for the Monadnock Region and have been voted #7 in “America’s Ten Fittest Small Towns”, by The Active Times. Residents and visitors enjoy Keene’s walkable historic downtown, 27 miles of trails, and 16 City parks and our daytime population is nearly double with regional residents entering Keene to work, shop, eat, play and learn!
Apply today! Please upload your resume and a cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 15th at 4PM.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs.
Job Description: Assessing Technician
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.