NESGFOA Board is exploring options to hold a virtual Spring Training Seminar in April, 2021
Please stay tuned for further details
Training & Education Opportunities
- Capital Asset Accounting Series, January 12-20
- Governmental Accounting Intensive Series, February 2-5
- Budgeting Best Practices: Communicating the Budget, February 10-11
- Fundamentals of Preparing a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), February 16-March 4
- Budgeting Best Practices: Budget Monitoring and Performance Measures, February 23-24
Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) Program Changes Coming in 2021
The GFOA has made several major changes and improvements to the CPFO program that will take effect on January 1, 2021 and make the program more accessible. The new CPFO exams will be available in March 2021. More information is available on their website: Click here for details.
2020 Annual Meeting Materials
Message from NESGFOA Board
The 2020 Annual Fall Conference scheduled for September in Providence has officially been cancelled due to COVID 19.
We are very disappointed about this and we will be miss the opportunity to see everyone at our annual gathering.
We will be scheduling a virtual annual meeting in September 2020 to formally elect a new slate of officers.
We will notify the members of this meeting soon.
We are working on scheduling a Spring Seminar in 2021 and will keep you updated as further details become more certain.
In the meantime best wishes and please be safe. We look forward to seeing everyone again at the 2021 Annual Fall Conference to be held at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel in North Falmouth, MA on Sept 12-15, 2021.
The New England States Government Finance Officers Association
The New England States GFOA is the nation’s first multi-state GFOA that is comprised of membership from each state in the region. For over 70 years state and local finance officials along with private sector professionals have been collaborating with each other to share solutions on common issues. The NESGFOA has a proud legacy and welcomes you to join us for the next chapter in our history!
Become a Member of NESGFOA
Individuals from any of the New England states who are interested in NESGFOA membership should contact their local GFOA organization.
72nd Annual Fall Conference
September 8-11, 2019 in Stowe, Vermont. Earn CPE credits and enjoy a wide selection of networking opportunities with public finance officials throughout New England.
All Town News
- Scarborough, Maine – Accountant
- Town of Groton, Treasurer/Accounting Manager
- Town of Barre, VT: Finance Director
- Norwich, VT: Finance Director
- Vermont Bond Bank – Controller
- Burrillville, RI, Finance Director
- Smithfield, RI, Finance Director/Tax Collector
- Town of Brattleboro, VT, Finance Director
- South Kingstown, RI: Deputy Finance Director